- On 23 June 2010
- In Blog
Accommodation in Cape Town for the Argus Cycle Tour 14 March 2010
ARGUS CYCLE TOUR – 14 March 2010
The Cape Argus Cycle Tour takes place on Sunday 14 March 2010. The race is 109km long and attracts about 40 000 cyclists annually. Cape Town is always a hive activity during this weekend.
We have selected 4 fantastic hotels/guesthouses in Cape Town for you to stay at during your annual cycling pilgrimage to Cape Town. Save 10% on car hire if you book your accommodation and car hire with us.
Tip: if you plan to rent a car, we advise you to book early. The rental companies often run out of vehicles in Cape Town over the “Argus weekend”
Have a look at car hire Cape Town for the best deals as soon as possible.
Cape Town Hollow
- 4 Star hotel
- Set in a trendy part of Cape Town – Gardens
- Close to many historical sites in the city centre
- Many great restaurants nearby
- 10-minute walk to the start of the cycle race
From R915 per person
Urban Chic Hotel
- 4 Star boutique hotel
- Located on trendy Long Street
- 5-minute walk to the start of the cycle race
- Many great restaurants, bars and clubs nearby
From R700 per person
- 3 Star
- Self-catering apartment (sleep, 2 people)
- Modern, sophisticated, elegant
- 2-minute walk to the start of the cycle race
- 5-minute walk to the V&A Waterfront
From R670 per person
Simons Town Guesthouse
- 4 Star
- Luxury guest house
- Magnificent sea views across False Bay
- Watch cyclists from your balcony
- 15 minutes from Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve
From R495 per person
– All rates are per person per night (based on 2 people sharing)
– Reservations must be made through the Drive South Africa travel department
– Save 10% on car hire if accommodation and car hire booked with Drive South Africa
– Rates subject to availability
– Optional extras such as day-tour excursions can be arranged.
If you plan on starting your journey from another location, you might want to have a look at car rental South Africa for the best option to get you to these amazing locations.