- On 29 January 2019
- In Blog
Up the Creek- it's all about having fun!
Every year, around 3000 music lovers gather in the historic town of Swellendam, on the foot of the Langenberg Mountains, for a four day, intimate, outdoor music festival. The festival aims at honoring South Africa’s best music talent while providing festival-goers with outstanding facilities and a comfortable camping experience on the banks of the Breede River.
Up the Creek was founded in 1990 and happens to be South Africa’s second-longest running music festival. It’s all about having fun, celebrating the South African music industry and the most intimate, unique outdoor festival experience.
The four accommodations options:
Option 1: Camping (included in festival ticket)
- Your festival ticket includes access to the campsites: Hilton, Ellis Park, Country Club or Hillbilly.
- There will be two ablution blocks onsite-indoor and outdoor showers.
Option 2: Heartbreak Motel (not included in your festival ticket)
- Do you prefer glamping over camping? The Heartbreak Motel is just that.
- You have the option to choose between two-tent suites: Graceland and the Cadillac tent campsites.
- Includes beds, breakfast each morning, private shower block, portable toilets, security, and linen.
Most festival-goers opt for booking a vehicle with car hire Cape Town to accommodate their trip to Up the Creek