- On 4 December 2013
- In Blog
WTF! What The Fact - 100 Interesting Facts of the World [Book Review]
Did you know that the N2 from Cape Town to Ermelo is the longest tarred road in South Africa? Or that South Africa one of 75 countries in the world where motorists drive on the left-hand side of the road? These are just some of the interesting facts you’ll find in MapStudio‘s latest book – 100 Useful Facts Everyone Wants To Know.
100 Useful Facts Everyone Wants To Know covers interesting facts that include everything from famous people, and geography to tourism and transport plus everything in between.
Did you know that South Africa has its own famous food inventions such as Ouma Rusks and Mrs H. Ball’s Chutney?
South Africa has won in six categories of the Nobel Prizes; Physics, Chemistry, Literature, Peace, Physiology or Medicine & Economic Sciences.
Leaders of South Africa and their roles are also listed in the WTF book.
What The Fact also answers questions like:
- What is the ghostly story behind the Uniondale hitchhiker?
- Which American president liked to skinny-dip in the Potomac River?
- Who is the only South African Club 27 member?
- What is the length of the smallest mammal in the world?
- What is the height of the tallest building in Africa?
- What is the only South African invention that has been to the moon?
- What is the Cockroach Hall of Fame?
- Which airport has the largest terminal in the world?
- Who is the highest paid sportsman in South Africa?
- Which gang in Paris uses a vacuum cleaner to rob supermarkets?
- What is the lowest temperature ever recorded in the world?
- Which ingredients are used to make smileys, criadillas and casumarzu?
- What is a ‘Sowetan Toilet’?
You will find the answers to these questions in 100 Useful Facts Everyone Wants To Know and many other fascinating, bizarre and astounding facts while broadening your general knowledge about South Africa and the world. This is a perfect addition to your book collection for your tea and coffee table in your lounge area, or take it with you to your next picnic with your friends and even use it as entertainment during your next road trip.
MapStudio is a leading publisher and distributor of maps in Africa. Their products include a large range of detailed wall maps, road maps, atlases, tourist maps, coffee-table/illustrated atlases, travel & lifestyle, sport and activity books, educational products, and a range of Globetrotter travel products.