Fun folded activities map of Table Mountain and the Cape Peninsula [Book Review]
Sometimes as travellers we do not really give ourselves time to explore the things that locals do. That’s why MapStudio has put together a map filled with fun activities that even locals love to experience while exploring the Cape Peninsula.
The Table Mountain & Cape Peninsula Activities Map
This month we introduce you to the Table Mountain and Cape Peninsula Activities Map that is not only filled with road maps but with detailed sporting sites and activities. Even if you have lived in the Cape Peninsula for as long as you can remember, but have never visited any of the tourist attraction sites around this region, this map will give you ideas and self-help guidance on what fun activities to take part in while exploring it.
Table Mountain & Cape Peninsula Adventures road features
• A 1:30 000 scale that can be folded into a compact map
• A detailed street map of the city centre including access points to trails, hikes and routes, major and minor roads of the entire Cape Peninsula
• Full-colour photographs of activities and areas of interest such as national parks and reserves, protected areas and marine reserves, lighthouse and shipwreck positions, entrance gates and good swimming beaches
MapStudio’s Table Mountain & Cape Peninsula Activities Map
Sites and activities included
• 23 Dive sites such as the Smits Wrecks, Vulcan Rock, Boss 400, the Antipolis and more
• 17 Surf sites like Off the Wall, Long Beach, The Crayfish Factory and Fish Hoek
• 7 Nature watching sites to watch animals such as dolphins, seals, whales and penguins
• 3 Day trips. One from Cape Town Harbour which includes a trip to Robben Island and a sunset trip around the Peninsula. And the next two from Hout Bay Harbour and from Simon’s Town Harbour both head to Seal Island and end off with a sunset cruise
• 17 Climbing areas including the Elsies Peak, The Ledge, Lion’s Head sandstone and Topside
• The expected weather and wind direction at the different hobie sailing, paragliding, kite surfing and wind surfing sites
Walking on Table Mountain is listed as one of the activities in the map
One side of the map includes a detailed activities map of Table Mountain. There are so many listed, you really will be spoiled for choice. You may decide to take part in the Arrow Face walk, the Valley of the Red God’s walk or the Devil’s Peak walk, and there are many others to choose from. There are even pictures in the map with details of how much time each walk will take, plus a rating of how easy or difficult it is. There are even viewing platforms or points where you can stand and watch the magnificent view of Cape Town from above.
Also included on the side of the map is an enlarged street map of Cape Town’s city centre. This shows the different museums found in the city, historical sites, points of interests and embassy offices.
This map makes planning a trip to Table Mountain and the Cape Peninsula exciting as one looks forward not only at seeing the sites around the areas but also at taking part in the activities listed in the map. It is a perfect guide whether you are visiting Cape Town for the first time or have lived here all your life, if you do need to get around then car hire Cape Town would be an excellent option.